Friday, May 24, 2013

Almost Over

Summer's almost over.   I speak of summer break of course, as it is basically "summer" here in the Philippines for 80% of the year.   In case you're not from here, summer holidays start sometime mid to end of March, and last well until around the second week of June.   Come June, school and the rainy season begin.   We have at least 1 more quick getaway to look forward to before my son goes back to school in June. 

It has been a very eventful summer for my family.   We traveled, were in and out of the hospital, and enrolled our son in various summer activities.  The past few months have tested our love and patience with each other - my little unit of three - and I feel that now we are tighter than ever.  Like peas in a pod.   The next half of 2013 will inevitably involve even more hospital visits, but lest this post sounds too cryptic, let me just clarify that it is actually all good.  I am looking forward to the second half of this year.

Spent a glorious week in The Bellevue in Panglao last month