Monday, May 27, 2013

Chocolate Brown

Instant love

I've always loved the Nightingale.   I am late for the party I know, and deciding to get the bag took some thinking.  I was worried about the It Bag status of a few years back - I thought it might go the way of the Chloe Paddington, or the YSL Muse.   But then I decided, what the heck, I love the shape, I love that the leather is so incredibly thick but slouchy at the same time, and just went for it.   I was also initially hesitant about the shorter shoulder strap, since I couldn't wear it crossbody and I am steadfastly a crossbody bag kind of girl, but my husband (who bought the bag) made a good point: I use it for work, not for weekends, and my pencil skirts and dresses do not always work well with messenger/crossbody bags.

I thought I'd get it in black, but this deep, rich chocolate brown color just really called out to me.  It fits anything and everything - truly the perfect work tote.   The bag is now my daily beater, and I am still loving every inch of it.  In fact I am so happy with it that I now have a problem: I am starting to like all things Givenchy and have my eye on the Pandora (in black!) and Obsedia next.  Uh oh.


*For Manila-based friends: it's still cheaper to buy Givenchy in our own Duty Free store.  Even cheaper than buying it in Hong Kong or Singapore!